Friday 27 July 2012

The flooring is in!

I love it when a plan comes together! I organised for my nephew Tony (http://www.tonybakerflooring.co.ukto visit in order to measure up the van for flooring (I told him it was a 'little job' and in he came, armed with carpet samples - only to be told it wasn't carpet and wasn't for in the house).

Anyway I led him to the van, told him what I wanted, and guess what, he already had some vinyl in the van, in exactly the colour/style that I would have chosen anyway. Love it!

20 minutes later and voilà - I have a great quality, hardwearing, thick vinyl floor glued down, with sealant around the edges, and a lovely silver trim at the back (he's nothing if not a perfectionist).

Here are the pics!





Having also had a visit today from bro-in-law, I am now the proud owner of a table in the middle of the units (I just need to buy another table leg connector as they only had one in stock), and another piece of ply cut to fit the end of the bed (where my feet will go - I have already decided hubby will sleep on the left).

Talking of hubby, it's about time I introduced him - his name is Steve, and here he is driving the van with his 'I'm concentrating' face on:



Many more pics to come of us both, as I intend to blog not only the conversion but also our future camping adventures!

Anyway back to the van - my tap is in and working too! I'm storing the water container under one of the units, which gives me use of the Ikea cupboard/unit purely for kitchen stuff, and also means that I can access the water container from outside the van, once the side door is open. More pics to follow of this set-up.

Like I said, I love it when a plan comes together...

Almost forgot, I also ordered my stretch carpet from eBay today, and it'll be arriving next Tuesday, so I'll have a fun time installing it (that's going to be the biggest challenge methinks). The people I bought it from were very helpful, and instead of the listed 5m length, I managed to get just what I needed from them (4m length plus glue) for a great price (they have a shop here selling all sorts of foam supplies). Colour-wise I went for silver, as the front of the van is already lined in that (or near to that) colour.

Today's 'still to do' list:
  • paint the ply units now that the furniture part is all finished - I think I'll keep everything sleek in black
  • line the walls (once the carpet arrives)
  • buy the fabric to cover my foam cushions
  • buy bits and bobs like new stove, portapotti etc (without going too mad)
Til we next meet...

Naomi
x

P.S.
Off topic, but I can't hold it in any longer - we're going to have a new addition to our family. Not a small person, but even better (in my humble opinion) - another dog! We're adopting him from a friend of ours, his name's Rory, and he's a Shih Tzu, the same breed as Stewie (who supervised installation of the van units and generally follows me everywhere).

Here are a few pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment