Monday 23 July 2012

The doors are on!

Stewie the dog and I had our first adventure adventure last Thursday to go and get the van doors. Here's us in the van ready to head off:


Poor little Stewie has never travelled well (he's more than happy jumping in, but his tummy doesn't like the motion), and he had a small 'incident', in Salisbury, but was fine on the way back, so I think in general he approves of our new van :-)

Anyway, vomiting aside, and 1.5 hours later, we found ourselves at the breakers' yard, ready to collect our doors. It was to be a 'five minute job' to switch the doors over, I was assured on the phone, but it actually took over an hour. So HUGE thanks to Rob and the other lovely chaps at Whitefield Car Parts (they have an eBay shop incidentally, here's a link: Whitefield Car Parts).


While I was waiting for the van doors, curiosity got the better of me and I found myself having a serious mooch round. I'm a massive fan of scavenging/upcycling, whatever you want to call it, so along with two new windowed doors, I came back from the yard with a load of cushions and a sink (at a cost of NOTHING)! Here are the cushions.



I'm quite handy with the sewing machine so this little lot is going to save me a fortune! Just need a nice fabric to cover them with, but I'm still deciding between my fave leopard, or boring wipe-clean vinyl...but I'll let you know later this week what I've decided.

I'll leave you waiting with bated breath on the fabric decision, and sign off for now. The van's taking great shape, and I'm hoping to have in finished in the next week or so, so more updates to come soon

Back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment